Tech tour at Haigh Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cbishop

New
Reaction score
Just wanted to get a feel for what to expect at the upcoming Tech Tour dates at Haigh Quarry in early September.

It looks like I may be flying solo, will there be plenty of buddy's on both days?

While my main interest is in the Transpac system, I'll certainly be interested in learning about and trying out the drysuits and regs, no to mention the Optima. What DR gear should I reasonably expect to have available for use?

Speaking of the Optima, what certs are need to take one for a test flight?

Any other thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

See you in September!

- chris

I went to the one at Gilboa in may, I heard someone say you had to have a nitrox cert for the optima. They also had drysuits, regs, the transpac and it looked like they had a couple bottles set up for sidemount. I just ordered a 905 a couple days ago.

While my main interest is in the Transpac system, I'll certainly be interested in learning about and trying out the drysuits and regs, no to mention the Optima. What DR gear should I reasonably expect to have available for use?

Speaking of the Optima, what certs are need to take one for a test flight?

Hi Chris,
Thanks for your question. The Tech Tour gives divers an opportunity to try a full range of Dive Rite gear, regulators, wings, harnesses including the Nomad, fins and drysuits are all available for trial.

The O2ptima demos have been very popular and I'm sure you will enjoy try diving the unit. All you need is a Nitrox cert to be able to participate.

You can check out some of the stories and photos from previous Tech Tours on our site:
Technical Dive Gear Demo Day and Tryouts: Dive Rite Tech Tour

If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask. Have a great time on the Tech Tour!
Best,
Ag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom