Tekna Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jphnc64

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Since the Tekna doesn't need to be opened to recharge the battery.......how often should it be opened up to look for flooding and other problems?

If you are seeing condensation around the light, or corrosion at the charging jack there is no need to open it up. More than once a year, at the end of your season.

Last edited:
Now that mine has gone through it's teethng issues including a near thermonucleur meltdown I am only planning to open it once a year or after each season. Rebuild it, install new batteries, close it up and be done with it. I use the cheap 12V 18/20 AH batteries, work good and are cost effective, often well under 40 dollars each. I have a charger that lets me keep it on trickle but I don't do that, I put it on the charger about once a month when not being used.

It is my opinion the Tekna should be charged and connected to the charger while sitting on it's shroud and ONLY after the plug has been open for at least an hour. Do not close the plug until several hours after charging is complete. This allows any hydrogen to vent off.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom