shoulder pads for BP/Wing harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dxtreme

Reaction score
Does Halcyon still sell theirs ? If not where can one purchase such accessories ?

Saw somewhere that people were using the padded seat belt covers you see hoons driving around in Acuras using trying to look like rally drivers... so maybe an autoplace like Kragen? Probably cheaper than a dive shop anyway.

I believe that OMS makes harness pads. I'm sure a dealer could set you up with a set.

By the way, what's a hoon?

Dxtreme wrote...
Does Halcyon still sell theirs ? If not where can one purchase such accessories ?
Have you had problems, or are you thinking proactively?

in tropical water where u dive with just a bathing suit, i cant imagine the abrasion to the shoulders. just thinking proactively.

i hope the harness will soften with use ??

I used the OMS shoulder pads with a lycra rash guard in Key West and I was quite comfortable. They are a bit long though, you may have to trim a bit off one end. Up here in the cold waters, I don't need them with 7mm suits so I just use them on vacation. Anyway, LP has them, here's the link.

OMS pads @ LP

I paid twice that at my LDS for them, silly me:rolleyes:

The very few times I have used my harness in warm water (just a bathing suit) I have worn a tee-shirt underneath and been quite comfortable-- above and below the water.

Buy an old 3mm wesuit off ebay and sew on a couple of strips of velcro. You could make about 15 sets for under $20.00 and one hours work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom