South Florida spearfishing?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OMER diver

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey guys what's up the name's Anthony just joined about 10 minutes ago or so and was just wondering where some good spearfishing points are around south Florida near vero beach and sebastian I have been going out everyday for the past 2 weeks unable to find any fish off of my local bach please help????

Problem is up there, you need to travel a long way to get into the deep waters. That's my understanding.

Hey guys what's up the name's Anthony just joined about 10 minutes ago or so and was just wondering where some good spearfishing points are around south Florida near vero beach and sebastian I have been going out everyday for the past 2 weeks unable to find any fish off of my local bach please help????

The closest "beach insertion point" dive for spearfishing to you is off of the Island of Palm Beach....either the patch reefs in front of the Breakers resort at 15 to 25 feet deep, or off of the south Jetty at the lake Worth Inlet ( with no boat, you need to park on royal Poincianna in Palm Beach, by Testas, and take a Taxi to the north end of the island. There is a dock there, you can jump off of, but spearing is not legal this far into the inlet...So, you may need to tow your gun on the surface, until you swim far enough out the inlet to be legal. There is a great channel, with lots of corals on the wall, the entire length out--7 feet deep on top, 35 feet deep on the bottom of the channel. Not too far after you pass the big steel stuctures 3/4 of the way out of the inlet, the channel wall begins to move closer to the center of the inlet, too far out to be safe for freediving ( boat traffic), so at that point, you swim to the jetty, where the rocks are covered in fish, and go down to about 25 feet. By the time you reach the end of the jetty, depth will be more like 30, and freediving is good here.
Regards,
Dan V

try this post on spearboard.com instead, there you won't get answers from non spearos who tell you to drive 2 hours to find a spot to dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom