Need gps #'s for lobster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tbmintz

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone, I'm new to scubaboard and this is my first post. I hope I've found a place where I can get some help and info so I can get more out of my dive vacations. Don't get to dive as much as I would like and want to get as much out of the trips as I can. I'm headed to Marathon to do some lobster diving, as soon as this storm gets out of my way, was suppose to be there this morning. Does anyone have any gps#'s they wouldn't mind sharing for lobster or fishing so I can make up for lost time. I hope you can understand what I'm going through, this is going to be my only dive trip this year and I've been looking forward to it all year. Now this hurricane is delaying my arrival to the keys. Any help or info is appreciated. Thanks.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

:happywave and welcome to :sblogo:

i have moved your thread to underwater hunting as hopefully you will get a bigger response

cheers and enjoy

Does anyone have any gps#'s they wouldn't mind sharing for lobster or fishing so I can make up for lost time.

You may not realize this, but you have better chances to have someone let you sleep with their wife than give you numbers for a lobster spot.

LOL. Doesn't hurt to ask. O.K. #'s might be a bit much to ask for. Has anyone had any luck in or near Marathon this season that can point me in the right direction?

I second Ana!!! Numbers are like gold, especially good ones. They are very guarded and almost never given out. If someone posted them on this forum, there would never be another lobster (or shootable fish for that matter) in that spot again. I do feel your pain though. See if the LDS can point you in the right direction or hire a charter. That's my two cents for what it's worth.

LOL. Doesn't hurt to ask. O.K. #'s might be a bit much to ask for. Has anyone had any luck in or near Marathon this season that can point me in the right direction?

Book a trip or two with Dive Duck Key (formerly Tilden's) about 15 miles north of Marathon. Tell them you want to lobster...Wendy and Joe will put you on bugs.

People will give out their PIN numbers before they give out their lobster numbers

tbminz, are you renting a boat? Do you have your own? Either way, most boat rental places will give you a chart with the boat and there will be spots marked on the chart for both fishing and diving. If it's your own boat then purchase a chart at any Boater's World or BassPro Shop when you get here.

Any number's you would likely get in a public board will be as good as those if not worse:D

Be safe.

Wys

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom