Smart Com Battery Replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Off Gas

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just paid a lot of money to get my battery replaced on a Uwatec Smart Com computer. When the shop I used send the computer back there were no "used" parts included and my old dives were still on the computer. Is this normal?

Yes, your dives should still be on the computer after changing the battery, but the nitrogen saturation data does get reset in the process.

If you check the manual (link), on page 9 it says:

After switching on Smart you can check the battery capacity by bridging contacts B and E.
Does it show the battery is at 100%?

I just paid a lot of money to get my battery replaced on a Uwatec Smart Com computer. When the shop I used send the computer back there were no "used" parts included and my old dives were still on the computer. Is this normal?

There really are no used parts to return, except maybe an old o-ring or seal, and the old battery. They aren't going to send the battery back so that a) it doesn't get used again, and B) so it can be disposed of properly (you would save it for the next hazardous waste pick up now wouldn't you? :))

The dives are eliminated as the memory fills, most recent dive in, oldest dive out. This is a great system because should anything ever happen, there is a concise log of your previous 50-60 dives.

Were you not the original owner? That computer has a free batteries for life program. I just got mine back and it was free.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom