More tails from North Shore Oahu.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pentiumchic

Reaction score
Got to do North Shore last night was pretty flat. 3 of the shop instructors went lobster hunting.Want to talk about being out classed when diving geeees.Hubby and I broke from the group and had to go in earlier than the rest.Hubby still a little on the hover side.lol But I did get to see a white tip reef shark swimming and a huge eel.That shark had to be as pretty as watching an eagle glide through the sky.

Jen

I forgot to add I got to listen to the whales sing all weekend diving out of Sharks Cove.Also got to watch them playing on dive breaks.I do sooo love living here!

Jen

I am soooo jealous. I've been trying to get a job over there forever. A friend of mine went to Maui last week. I gave her my video camera to take along so I could at least watch movies. We hooked up the camera and watched them.....great pics, awesome turtles, a ray and a shark....then real faint we heard something. I turned up the volume and OH MY GOD you could hear the whale songs on the video. It was amazing!

Are you seeing the same surf reports that I am seeing?!

I swear, all of them have been 6-8 up there recently - none of them have indicated a swell small enough to go diving in! :)

At any rate, I'm jealous. Glad to hear you've got some good dives in. Saw a whale this past Sunday - but no whale song during the dive. Did hear the dolphins, though - thought someone was fooling around with some bells.

I'll have to PM you in a couple months or so to do a shore dive.

Back
Top Bottom