Oceanic VEO 100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I took mine back and got the VE0200 (VEO250 now)
I am glad that I did .. it was hardly any more and has features that I found I need now (nitrox capability)

The VEO100 is a nice basic computer if you do not, or will not, need more capability and Oceanic has great customer support

I did the same thing. Turned it in for a credit for a newer Nitrox computer..

Thanks for the info. I do not plan to dive nitrox, actually I like the vintage stuff. I saw this computer while looking for a bottom timer/ depth gauge that they don't make anymore. Tim

I've had the Veo 100 allmost 2 years. It had a problem with battery strength indicator. Oceanic replaced it with a rebuilt computer. It seems to be working fine I have 6 dives on it. Wish it had a back light on the screen. Its a good first computer.

Thanks for the info. I just received it today and it seems to be a good value. Tim

I've had the Veo 100 allmost 2 years. It had a problem with battery strength indicator. Oceanic replaced it with a rebuilt computer. It seems to be working fine I have 6 dives on it. Wish it had a back light on the screen. Its a good first computer.
NOTE:
Oceanic computers with CR2450 batteries need to use ONLY Sony or Panasonic batteries ... only batteries that are rated for "pulse duty" will operate properly in these computers

So a Duracell or Energizer battery won't last as long....Pan and Sony are better for these computers? Tim

Worse than that! You get false reads. We fought this problem for the past 2 years with a 200 and a 180. We get them both serviced january and either one or the other would fail the first trip of the spring. Almost the same scenario each time. Couple of days into a vacation wake up to low battery indicator. We actually took the battery out and put the same one back in and it was fine for the week! Other times we put in a new one. LDS finally admitted to some bad batteries. Not worth the hassle! Put in sony or panasonics!

It's not an issue of quality of the battery, it's an issue of battery design .. the batteries rated for pulse duty can withstand a momentary spike in current required by the computer, other batteries can not, and if the current required by the computer exceeds the ability of the battery to supply it, the voltage drops momentaraly and the computer sees that as a low battery and indicates that, or it shuts down

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom