Have you ever fallen asleep underwater ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveTub

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Ok serious question have you ever had a little sleep underwater ?I can say yes I have. Just hanging out on the deco line have little power sleeps, you know those ones where you suddenly wake up and think to yourself opps I shouldn’t have done that.

On long deco stops, I've nodded off several times. I do have an audible alarm, and I've been known to set my watch to beep every few minutes just to have an occasional wake up call.

Yes but I was surface supplied, waiting for some structure to be removed from the water.

Jeff Lane

I have two speeds - on and off.

I fall asleep in moments - and its great when I'm at home, etc. Its not great when I'm driving (!)

I am confident, if compelled to hand for more than half an hour, I would nod off. I'm sure of it.

Who knew. Glad I don't drive a motorcycle these days...

K

A little bit off topic but I guess you guys would wish to have such a luxury:

Interesting fact about ongoing 350m scuba dive project:

A special safety feature will be that the contestants will spend their longest decompression time (over 6 hours) at –6 meters, in a cage. This will provide safety from dangerous marine life and ease buoyancy control. Additionally it allows the possibility of sleep and food - nutritions in liquid form delivered from the support divers. To counter the long waiting time the contestants will be provided with under water TV, music and waterproof reading material.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting fact about ongoing 350m scuba dive project:

A special safety feature will be that the contestants will spend their longest decompression time (over 6 hours) at –6 meters, in a cage. This will provide safety from dangerous marine life and ease buoyancy control. Additionally it allows the possibility of sleep and food - nutritions in liquid form delivered from the support divers. To counter the long waiting time the contestants will be provided with under water TV, music and waterproof reading material.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG they call them contestants what does the winner get ?
or better yet what happens if you loose ?

I fell asleep waiting for some AOW students to finnish a 50m square for AOW nav. They came back and just gave me a little shake.

Heh...I've come close to nodding off while hanging out on the line...but never actually fell asleep. With a little more time I'm sure I could have =)

Back
Top Bottom