dr mask question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BabyDuck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
i have a dive rite mask that a friend couldn't keep from leaking so he gave it to me (thinking that my very differently shaped face might work better). anyway, i noticed a tiny area of the lens / skirt on the inside of the left eye that doesn't seem to be sealed. is there anything i can do to fix it? is it under any warranty or anything? or should i just chuck it since i don't have a receipt?

thanks.

Dive Rite warranties its products for one year. They usually do ask for a receipt. However, I have sent back products without a receipt. You may be able to fix the leak with a small dab of aquaseal. That would depend on the area of the leak, though.

Masks are pretty easy to take apart and repair. Your LDS should have a specific plastic tool for this, but I have done it on a boat with a c-card. If you bought the mask at your LDS, they should be willing to fix this for you. If not, you can try it yourself. The plastic frame pops out and you can then remove the lenses and straighten the skirt. Replace the lenses, pop the frame back into place and your mask should be all better:).

Jackie

thanks, guys! i'll give it a try - or make someone else give it a go. i wasn't even sure masks could be repaired, so that helps.

How about a brand new mask, never even been defogged, that was sitting out on the counter top, waiting for it's first scrub? Cat got ahold of it and ate through the silicon skirt. Seems that she has a silicon fetish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom