New to Birmingham and looking for some dive buddies!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

doupdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey everyone,

I posted a thread under the new divers forum but someone suggested I come to this link also. I just moved to Birmingham last week and I just got PADI open water certified this past July. I am in LOVE with diving officially and really would like to meet any divers in the area who are intrested in getting some dives in and meeting someone new :) After labor day weekend I will have most of my weekends free to go diving so if anyone is interested let me know! Hope to hear from you all soon!

Steph

You come to the right place. You should not have any trouble finding dive buddies in this area. Must do event coming up, Vortoberfest!!! You will meey many people from the Southeast there. And to keep up tradition from a fellow scubaboarder, all the cool kids are doing it!!

Ok, Vortoberfest IV is October 17,18 and 19 and takes place at Vortex springs. We will dive all over the panhandle and gulf. It is a big dive, meet, eat and party event. Lots of friends to be made and fun to be had, even live performances from some members here.

You definately need to be there. Last time, at springfest, there was kareoke. And needless to say, legends were born. It will surely be another grand time for all. And there might be some diving that weekend as well.

I may try to head to Pelham (Alabama Blue Water Adventure) in the next couple of weeks.

This is their site: http://www.divealabama.com

If you want to meet up, PM me. I'm AOW and Nitrox certified. (I'll need a dive buddy maybe, I might be riding over there solo.

Michael

Welcome to the area. DO NOT MISS Vortoberfest. I will be going and you are welcome to follow. I would offer a ride but mine will be very full.
Vortex Spring is located about 15 miles north of Ponce DeLeon, Fl. About 4-4 1/2 hours from here. They have camping and some cabins/rooms as well.

I'd be going but, I'll be in Cozumel that week.

Hey everyone,

I posted a thread under the new divers forum but someone suggested I come to this link also. I just moved to Birmingham last week and I just got PADI open water certified this past July. I am in LOVE with diving officially and really would like to meet any divers in the area who are intrested in getting some dives in and meeting someone new :) After labor day weekend I will have most of my weekends free to go diving so if anyone is interested let me know! Hope to hear from you all soon!

Steph

You've got Bluewater just south of Bham and Madison Quarry outside of Huntsville that you'll want to try.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom