Is this a good deal???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjens

Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with Lloyd Bailey's site and whether this is a good deal?

ON SALE

Dive Rite Backplate Wings Package

Includes:
*Stainless Steel Dive Rite Backplate
*Classic Wing (55 lbs of lift)
* Harness (Horgartian/DIR or Deluxe)
*All Hardware Stainless Steel Hardware Included (2 Bent Shoulder D-rings, 2 Waist D-rings, Stainless Steel Buckle)
*Crotch Strap (2" wide with 2 Stainless Steel D-rings)

Only for $289 !!!!!!!

I haven't done a lot of pricing, but I have read several threads that talk about hours trying to pull everything together. This sounds like a time saver, and a way to buy a bp/w "off the shelf".

So what do you think? It looks like it is missing a STA, but what else?

any suggestions appreciated (as long as they are anatomically possible:D )

Thanks
RJ

Sounds like a good deal to me.

here are the prices I found at dive rite express.

SS BP $135.98
Classic Wing $299.00
2" Crotch strap $7.95
SS Buckle $8.19
Bent "D" $1.60
D ring $1.60
D ring holders $2.00
2" Webbing $ .80 per foot x 15' = $12.00

For the grand total of....... $477.43

So yeah.. I'd say you were making out.

rjens, that sounds like a pretty good deal to me. What kind of diving are you going to be doing with it? I ask because you made mention of an STA. I think the 55# wing would be a bit much for single tanks only. If you plan on doubles then, by all means, snab it! If you plan on doing single tank dives though you may want to consider a smaller wing. Maybe see if you can substitute one at Lloyd Baileys or I did see a complete Halcyon Pioneer system listed on eBay earlier for 350 quid. SS B/P, 27# wings, STA and the MC pack. I have the 27# Pioneer wing for single tanks and I love it. Just some food for thought.

The 55lb wing would be a bit much. But you could always buy this set up, sell the 55lb wing and use the money to buy a 27# pioneer wing for single tanks.

Thanks for the feedback. I wondered about the recwing. I will definately ask about the pioneer wing. I hadn't thought about the ebay option. Funny, but it would probably work.

RJ

The setup with the Classic wing is definitely for doubles. that is why there is no STA or cambands. The Classic wing was designed for doubles as it is quite wide. It would taco around a single tank.

rjens once bubbled...

Only for $289 !!!!!!!

I haven't done a lot of pricing, but I have read several threads that talk about hours trying to pull everything together. This sounds like a time saver, and a way to buy a bp/w "off the shelf".

Price looks pretty good but you might do better, especially if you are willing to ebay.

But I'm afraid you may be missing out on an important aspect of a BP & wing. The research, learning, shopping, assembly, adjustment, and evolution of your BP & wing lays the very foundation of what could be a close and lasting relationship. Your approach would be like hiring someone to court your future spouse so you could jump in at the last moment.

You'll be missing half the pleasure.

ROFLMAO

AWAP,
I don't know if you were serious, but thanks for the post. I will take that into consideration....

FYI, my wife and I eloped instead of going through all the pain of organizing a wedding, so going this route may be hard-wired into my personality.

RJ

I was up that way last week and visted him and meet this fellow hes got a good size shop and is for real he teaches allot of cave diving , he has some real good deals and will be more than happy to help you out had him replace a tank valve for me while i was down there .

Back
Top Bottom