spearfishing anybody?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

methos11299

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm wanting to learn how to spearfish. Does anybody go spearfishing here that are in North Central Florida? I'm looking at ocean diving not in freshwater.

Thanks

May want to check SpearBoard Florida section also.

Florida must have some strict regulations. What if you drive by a fresh water body on the way to the beach or returning home with speared fish? I can see not spearfishing with a spear, polespear, speargun, etc in fresh water.

Last edited:
I'm wanting to learn how to spearfish. Does anybody go spearfishing here that are in North Central Florida? I'm looking at ocean diving not in freshwater.

Thanks

There's plenty of spearfishing experts here on SB! Both coasts have some great spearfishing, and several operators specialize in spearfishing.

As stated... It's illegal to spearfish in fresh water in Florida. So don't do that :wink:

also, there are a few good books on spearing....and spearfishing specialities puts on seminars every few months and they are great.

Can you define North Central Florida? It may be easier for you to network if you go into your user CP settings and edit your location to say what city you are living in.

i believe there's a new club in gainesville, and i know there are tons of divers out of crystal river/cedar key areas

good luck

I'm wanting to learn how to spearfish.

Thanks

Just to help you narrow down the search, where have you dove so far so we can recommend spots/charters/spearos who are familar with where you have been diving already.

There are tons of places to learn, just trying to suggest places you may already be comfortable with.

Back
Top Bottom