good buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tomboyy

Carnival ride inspector
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just bought a MK25/S600 I transfered my depth, compass, PSI gauge to the new set up. I want to put that back on my old set up and buy a new compass and PSI gauge, I have a Gecko wrist puck. I could buy a Tusa double gauge pressure and compass ( SCA-240) for $99.00 I can't really afford the 200.00 bucks the LDS want for a 3 gauge and don't really need a 3 gauge. They are "willing" to sell me a broken(he is gonna fix it) PSI and depth gauge for 50.00 . give me some input, you can see my dollar range. thanks

Tom

Last edited:
tomboyy,

Is there a reason why you need or want to maintain two complete reg set-up's?

If you don't have a real compelling reason to own and maintain two complete sets the most economical way would be to simply swap your gauges from one first stage to the other when your needs dictate. One wrench and two minutes of time is all it takes to move it from one to the other.

do not buy a "fixed" spg; go with the Tusa; or you can look for a brand called seac-sub they used to make a very compact 3 gauge unit, and relatively cheap, maybe under 100$

tomboyy,

Is there a reason why you need or want to maintain two complete reg set-up's?

If you don't have a real compelling reason to own and maintain two complete sets the most economical way would be to simply swap your gauges from one first stage to the other when your needs dictate. One wrench and two minutes of time is all it takes to move it from one to the other.

You sound like my wife ... if she knew anything about scuba:D

Lucky for me she doesn't. I really want 2 set-ups because
1) all i need is a PSI and compass to have 2 set ups
2) If mines in the shop getting serviced, I'll have a back up
3) well... I'm like that
4) I might need to loan a friend a set up

but seriously, thanks for replying.

2)
If mines in the shop getting serviced, I'll have a back up

I might need to loan a friend a set up

You'll also have 2 sets of Regs to service each year, even If you (or someone else) has only used your second set a few times.

Not good economics...

Really? I have 7 regs plus my argon set up. I dive doubles, singles, and use a stage bottle from time to time. Having an extra reg has also saved dives for buddies when theirs crapped out. Forget about the console. You do not need it. Get a brass and glass SPG and a wrist compass. Easier to use, more streamlined, and much cooler looking. And the suggestion of swapping hoses every time you use the other set is opening the door for a possible failure due to the wear and tear on the oring. You can never have too many regs. Or BC's or fins or masks etc.etc.

Really? I have 7 regs plus my argon set up. I dive doubles, singles, and use a stage bottle from time to time. Having an extra reg has also saved dives for buddies when theirs crapped out. Forget about the console. You do not need it. Get a brass and glass SPG and a wrist compass. Easier to use, more streamlined, and much cooler looking. And the suggestion of swapping hoses every time you use the other set is opening the door for a possible failure due to the wear and tear on the oring. You can never have too many regs. Or BC's or fins or masks etc.etc.

I was thinking the same thing:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom