Sherwood Wisdom 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lupis184

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Was about to purchase a Wisdom 2 dive computer. I'm new to diving, but sold on it, and get wet about once a month. I'm looking for something that will be reliable and able to allow me to grow as a diver.

Looking for input from anyone who has one or if there's any comparable computers that someone thinks I should look at for some particular reason.

Any imput is apprecaited

If I understand things correctly, the Aeris and Oceanic are the same computer in different skins

My hubby dives this computer and loves it. He especially likes the large display for his 40 something year old eyes. He loves the AI feature. Guess I made a good choice for a surprise birthday gift last year!:D

Was about to purchase a Wisdom 2 dive computer. I'm new to diving, but sold on it, and get wet about once a month. I'm looking for something that will be reliable and able to allow me to grow as a diver.

Looking for input from anyone who has one or if there's any comparable computers that someone thinks I should look at for some particular reason.

Any imput is apprecaited
I'll let you know soon!

I just purchased two Sherwood Wisdom 2 w/quick disconect and compass.

I wasn't sure if I wanted wrist mount, AI, or console but thanks to some good advice on this forum I went down to a LDS and spent some time, LDS was very helpful.

It came down to either the Suunto Cobra 2 w/electronic compass or Wisdom 2....LDS said he has had some complaints about the E/compass on the Cobra 2 and even had one guy that said he hated the E/compass and came in and bought a wrist compass....so....I went with the Wisdom 2....so far as promised it is very easy to read, program and understand.....through the software you can choose all of your settings and then sync them from your laptop to you dive computer...very, very, easy....just the way I like it! No hours of reading a manual!

I'm hoping to do a local dive this Friday, if not I'll be traveling to Cozumel this weekend and will post something early next week as to how the computer performed.

Take Care!

I have the Wisdom 2 with the quick disconnect. The large display is nice and easy to read. All the information you need is readily available on the main display. Switching alternate information is simple.

A big downside is the audible alarm. I can hear other divers audible alarms and they are not even near me. I never hear the alarm on my Wisdom 2. It works. I checked it. But during a dive it just doesn't seem loud enough for me to notice unless I'm listening for it.

I dove for years without a computer so I tend to be checking my gauges visually all the time but I would have liked to be able to hear the alarm.

I saw that about the alarm in a review I read, but I hope to keep the mental alertness to check the gauge. I saw the Aeris, my instructor uses it and loves it, I just had an oppoturnity to get the W2 at an incredible price, and since the only down side I saw was the alarm, I figure I'll get it. I'm 39.. eyes are good now, but the doc says in a couple years... so I guess it'll "let me grow old" as a diver anyway.

Let me know how the dive in Cozmel was with it, but I think I'm sold.

Thanks for the help!!

I saw that about the alarm in a review I read, but I hope to keep the mental alertness to check the gauge. I saw the Aeris, my instructor uses it and loves it, I just had an oppoturnity to get the W2 at an incredible price, and since the only down side I saw was the alarm, I figure I'll get it. I'm 39.. eyes are good now, but the doc says in a couple years... so I guess it'll "let me grow old" as a diver anyway.

Thanks for the help!!
You bet!

Get to cozumel Sunday night, diving Monday....I'll post something Monday night.

Take care.

Great computer! Easy to setup, navigate, big display with Bolded numbers/letters, it also has a nice feel in your hand, more erogonimcal, also the buttons are in a great location. 1 on front and 1 on side. This makes it easier when scrolling thru the functions(at least I thought so vs. those with 2buttons on the front.) I had the Wisdom 1, pretty much the same thing. The quickdisconnect is a must, but the compass, I didnt care for. The hose wasnt long enough and it was hard to use. I would opt out on the compass and have a wrist mount or retractable compass if I were to do it again.....:wink:

The Sherwood Wisdom, Oceanic Datamax Pro Plus II, and the Aeris Atmos AI are all
very similar computers. They all have nearly identical features and are configured
using the buttons the same way.
The displays are slightly different but basically show the same information and
use the same nitrogen loading algorithems.
They are however, priced somewhat differently.

One interesting thing to note at this point in time is that there a
couple of hoseless/wireless units that are in the same price range.

In fact if you look at the cost of the Wisdom II with a quick disconnect and
a download cable, it can be more than the cost of certain wireless/hoseless units
since those models include the download cable.

The hoseless models to look at would be:
Oceanic VT3, Oceanic Atom 2.

--- bill

Thanks for the help!!
Hey Lupis,

Just wanted to reply.....completed the first day of diving with the Wisdom 2......all I can say is...GREAT! Worked perfect.....if you buy the sync cable it's a piece of cake to program....the button are easy to use underwater and the screen is easy to see and read.......absolutly no complaints....quite the opposite really....I'm happy I bought it.

Hope this helps.....if there's anything specific you want to know I'll have email access and will be sure to reply....

Take care!

Back
Top Bottom