Myrtle Beach Dive in Oct

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bauer4567

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey "yall",
I guess thats the proper greeting for this forum!
Im visiting my grandparents in MB, SC in October, and wanted to get a dive in.
Never dove in SC, just the Bahamas, and where Im from in Pennsylvania.
I guess my question is many...What dive shop should I contact about scheduling a 1/2 day or maybe a full day dive. Ive heard about some nice wrecks!
Also, what is the water temp (ill be there Oct 8-13).
What is the best wetsuit for this time of year?
And finally, is anyone in the area that would want to get out on the boat with me?
TIA
Dan

I just dived Myrtle Beach for the first time the last week of this past July. I went with Express Watersports out of Murrell's Inlet. www.expresswatersports.com I posted a short trip report here in post #6 http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/deep-dixie-divers/244740-myrtle-beach-dive-help-needed.html

I liked the dive operation. They take care of you in that they make sure you are staying safe, but keep pretty much hands off to let you do your own thing. The visibilty was low, 5-15 feet on the 6 dives I did. Most of the wrecks on their calendar are artificial reefs, but they had some decent life on them and were interesting nonetheless.

My wife decided not to dive after the first day due to the poor viz. I didn't have a problem finding a buddy for the other two days, so I wouldn't worry about it.

I can't help you with October temps, but hopefully someone else can. Post a report after your dives. I'd be interested to hear if the visability improves.

Just setup a 2 tank dive with Coastal Scuba. We will be going to the Sherman. Sounds like a nice easy dive! If anyone else is in the area, please jump aboard. It would be nice to dive with some SBers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom