mixed gas computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wcreeld

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone have any inforamtion on the VR3 or the Oxycheq Explorer HS multigas deco type computers. Or some comparison infomation between these or the Shearwater Pursuit or the liquivision X-1. I currently dive a Cochran Gemini and I have had it blank out on me several times over hte past couple months. I have changed the batteries and sent it back to be tested but it blanked out on the 1st dive back from being tested and I just happened to be at 134' going into deco. let me know what you all think. I know that they all run about $900.-$2,000. depending on pins added or upgrades included.
Thanks for your help!

I have owned a VR3, HSE Explorer and the multi gas Cochran Gemini.

From my personal experience, the Shearwater Pursuit is the best technical dive computer available right now and I own 2 of them. It has the most versatility, is easy to use, has great quality build and reliabilty. The factory customer support is exceptional.

Check out Rebreather World - Rebreathers for Scuba Diving - the next step, there is alot of information about the Shearwater on this site and it is getting great reviews.

The Shearwater can be purchased as a basic Nitrox computer and then upgraded all the way to a CCR computer with every step in between. This can save you upfront money if you are just getting started.

Shearwater has a very nice new website at Shearwater Research - Home check it out.

Thanks for the input I will check out those sites. I would like to go all the way to ccr in the distant future but mixed gas will probably will be my next step along wiht Cavern and Cave. I have read some of the threads about the Pursuit and it seams like a nice computer so I will do some more research. Do you know if it is supported by V-Planner software?

Thanks for the input I will check out those sites. I would like to go all the way to ccr in the distant future but mixed gas will probably will be my next step along wiht Cavern and Cave. I have read some of the threads about the Pursuit and it seams like a nice computer so I will do some more research. Do you know if it is supported by V-Planner software?

Shearwater will eventually be supported by V-Planner, for right now is seems that most everyone is using other means for planning that seem to work out just fine.

I don't know anything about the pursuit, but I have nothing but praise for the X1. I haven't made use of the multi-gas functionalities, because my tech diving is in Mexican caves where I haven't yet made it into deco, but as far as the ruggedness of the unit, the simplicity of the menus and the navigation, and the readability of the display, I've been absolutely impressed with the thing. If it weren't so expensive, I'd suggest any serious recreational diver own one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom