SmartTRAK for MAC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gijo1977

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all,

I have been a Mac user for about 10 years now (Graphic Design @ work) and since moving out of the industry have maintained my use of the fantastic Mac :)

But more seriously, I have a number of Uwatec computers and have looked at utilising Jtrak... all that mac stuff......In the end I am using VMware and a complete XP install to run this tiny Smart track piece of software because it is better and more functional than the native mac stuff :(

What I would like to ask the board is:

Is there anyone out there with the skills and motivation to turn SmartTRAK into a Virtual Appliance, that includes only the required parts of the OS? This would save a great deal of issues with a complete install of XP, driver hassels, multple programs etc...

Anyone?

I'm sure you know about Boot Camp, Parallels, and obviously VM Fusion... all of which have there pro and con.

But, have you looked at Crossover Mac yet?? Might just be what you are looking for, esp if it is just for this one app...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom