Komodo Dancer opinions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shasta_man

Contributor
Reaction score
Considering going on this liveaboard and was wondering what thoughts were of it.

I was particularly wondering about their emphasis in the description of "adventurous divers" taking this trip. I could take that to mean many things, including "it's not all working but we're making it work" type of situation.

Just wondering about how well the boat is organized, things working, how well the diving is handled, etc. General thoughts.

Thanks for your time

Considering going on this liveaboard and was wondering what thoughts were of it.

I was particularly wondering about their emphasis in the description of "adventurous divers" taking this trip. I could take that to mean many things, including "it's not all working but we're making it work" type of situation.

Just wondering about how well the boat is organized, things working, how well the diving is handled, etc. General thoughts.

Thanks for your time

The boat is fine, no problems, adventurous is relating to the dives you will be doing and the area your going to like down in Komodo or Alor where in both cases there can be currents, a number of dives which certainly are not for beginners. Dive Guides are very experienced and know their stuff. Komodo Dancer would certainly be one of my picks out of the live-a-boards here (if you like the Peter Hughes way).

Checkout the info on their website http://www.peterhughes.com/subpage/bali/komodo/13

Last edited:
I did the Komodo Dancer back in Sept 2005. Really enjoyed it. I'd go again although there are other parts of Indonesia I like better.

All, thanks for the info.

Hmmm..what part do you like better?

Yes, Jlyle takes awesome pics. I was a fan of his after reading his Cozumel reports.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom