Clark Hill, Augusta, GA 8/23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveprof

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Two surprisingly good dives today. With Faye and overcast skys we were not expecting much. But we had 15' on the walls and 8-10' on the plane and the 40' ledge (now 26' ledge - we are down 14') is clear. Lots of cats, bass, bream, crayfish, etc. Dive 1 was to 90' for 64 min. dive time. Dive two was 82' for 86 min dive time. We are diving at 1p Sunday.

Time change for Sunday due to the forecast! We will begin diving at 10am Sunday 8/24, 2nd dive about 11:30 -12 noon due to the forecast for afternoon thundershowers.

Two good dives today. Dive 1 was to 95' for 1:04 dive time. The herring kill reported in the paper earlier this week is noted at depth. Dead herring appear in the 60s' and are 3-4' apart by 80'. We dove the 100' wall and below (lake is 14' down so do the math), then turned south to the north wall, big stump, two stumps, the forest, trench, and the hydrillla. Dive 2 was with a newer diver. 48 min. with max depth of 64' (40' ledge, angel statue, trench , 80;wall, 3 big rocks, plane). Fate or not, vis is good at depth.

Glad the water is still good. I wound up with a chainsaw in my hand the hole day. Thanks Fay.
I hear there is another storm on its was as well. The lake need some of all this rain going around with it being 14' down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom