Suunto Cobra Battery Replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WannaLaguna

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hey Guys, Ok, I KNOW you are supposed to have a certified tech change batteries and open up the unit but I had an issue after a dive were the comp was still showing me at 4' at a max depth of 4'. The bottom timer continued to count even though I was out of the water for a few house....

So here's my question...I took the battery out to reset the computer and everything is back to normal....EXCEPT... I cannot seat the battery cover back in place. The cover has an o-ring but it doesn't seem to seat properly...does the outer cover force the seal once it's in place?

Any advice would be appreciated.

dive safe,

Jeff

I haven't had to do this replacement myself so this response may not be what you need, but you asked for "any help" and the statement that you think you shouldn't be doing this yourself prompts the following:

The Cobra has user-replaceable batteries. They sell a battery/o-ring kit to end users with the expectation that end users will install them. The replacement procedure is on pages 55-58 of the owner's manual, which can be downloaded from here:
Suunto - Download Center

Hope that helps. If you already knew this and I misinterpreted, sorry for the interruption.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom