LDS's in connecticut

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brandnew

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I was just wondering which LDS's in connecticut people here had experience dealing with. Which ones are reconmended and more importantly which ones to avoid. I live in Hartford and as such am prefering to stay local, but if necassary I am willing to travel. (especially since I can more than likely make a pit stop on the way to a dive site of SCA event)

Any input would be appreciated.

Ernest

Depending on where you are in CT, Yiu just might be close enough to venture into the city and visit Leisure pro

You are pretty close to Scuba Shack in Rocky Hill if you're in Hartford. They are an excellent shop, I drive 2 hours to deal with them passing many shops in between here and there because they really are THAT good.

We all live in glass houses and its a small community so I don't expect anyone to say anything bad on the board about a dive shop in CT. We all cross paths at times. Whats bad for one diver may be good for another and visa versa.

I recommend 2 shops thats New England Dive Center in Wallingford and Divers' Cove in Essex. I have not been to NEDC larely becasue I work right near Divers Cove now with the DEP in Old Lyme. Both stores have great people who have extensive experience. Am also way do busy to do a DM training that was I was supposed to do.

Scuba Shack is als good, have great training, and fully stocked with gear. Every Scuba Shack newbie I have dove with appears to have experience that impressed me. Including BGF here and a few others.

Those are three shops I'de recommend you visit and buy a bit from each of them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom