Dive-Rite TPII Lumbar pad?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SquintyPete

Contributor
Reaction score
People keep saying If you get a TPII to get the "optional" 2 piece lumbar pads..
When I ordered my TPII The store had no clue what i was talking about... So I was wondering If anyone knows where I can order the pieces.. I was infromed by dive-rite (a little late) That the"part numbers" are:
BC2102tec (tec lambar pad)
BC2102Spine (Tec Spine pad)
These two pieces will replace the sport laumbar that come on the transpac II.
Anyone know how to get ahold of this item? The store doesn't seem to want to help me out too much since they price matched the item...kindof makes me regret getting it from them but thats another story..
2nd. Diving singles is it actually worth my effort/money to replace the Sport Lumbar pad with these?

I have completly stripped mine down to just the harness. I dive dry, and don't even notice a difference. If you really don't need it, don't get it. If you can, try someones rig with and without before you buy.

I dive my TPII with the standard one piece backpad and I have no interest in removing it. I tried it once and found it to be uncomfortable. I dive singles in a 3mm wetsuit.

With the two piece pad the manuall says you can remove the upper part (spine pad) when diving singles. It would seem that if this modification is important to you, only the lower part of the two piece pad needs too be purchased, if you have the one piece pad already, to use with doubles.

IMO, the friction from the one piece backpad keeps the harness from riding up and eliminates the need for a crotchstrap when diving singles.

Well...I don't know why they wouldn't want to sell you another piece. Any DR dealer can get it for you. I am a DR dealer so if you need help getting it you can PM me.

I dive singles/wet, and it has never occurred to me what TPII might require that “extra deluxe” padding. Actually the other way around, I am considering trying it with no padding at all.
I do have a crotchstrap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom