Compumask...Datamask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Akeezy04

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I was hoping someone would clarify to me what difference if any is there between the two computer? I know they are made by two different companies but look identical to each other. And which one do people use the most and why?

Compumask by Aeris
Datamask by Oceanic.

These are one and the same company,and the masks are also by the same.
So other than the brandname they are the same.

Hope it helps

thank you, looks like I'm gonna have a new toy at the end of the year

I got one last year (Aeris). Slightly less visibility since the sides are black, but it's SO convenient not to have to ever look down at the computer on the hose. You always "just know" air remaining, depth, and if you want to know water temp (for some reason, I'm always checking that, don't know why) there's a button on top, so it just looks like you're adjusting mask fit.

I still have my Suunto Cobra and use it also on every dive - I'm a belt and suspenders kind of guy. Near the end of the dive I check the Cobra and take the more conservative of the two computers for checking limits.

Tip: defog the tiny little magnifying glass is over the readout, else it will fog and you won't be able to read it (Yes, I did forget the first time...)

Eric

Back
Top Bottom