Hole in Harness Tip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sylvester

Reaction score
How to cut/melt a clean hole though a harness. Since I have been slowly setting up my BP and wing, I have been looking for a way to punch a clean hole though the harness and crotch strap with out having to go buy a punch or use varing size nails heated up.

I also relaod and was looking at my bp harness laying on my reloading bench when I relized a .38/.357 casing is almost as big as the STA mounting hold in my BP. I went to the shed grabbed a pr of pliers and headed the SPENT Casing up on the stove. I used the BP hole as a guide. and pushed the spent case though smooth and clean. aking a clean carterizer hole in one smooth motion.

This may be an old technique to some of you but I was impressed with my brain bubble. So I thought I would share it.

I gotta start spell checking before I hit the post button. I apoligize for my lack of spelling.

Please don't apologize for the lack of spelling, because there is plenty of spelling.

Maybe apologize for the lack of "correct" spelling? :D

Otherwise, it sounds like a great idea!

Is an excellent substitute for a spent cartridge.

Most hardware stores sell short tubing lengths, if only in the "coupler" category. A 1/4" refrigeration tube sleeve coupler does a handy job for 5/16" hardware, as does a 5/16" refrigeration sleeve tubing coupler for 3/8" hardware. Of course 5/16" and 3/8" refrigeration tube will also work for their respective size hardware.

FT

I use a solding iron, both to cut nylon strapping and make a hole in it.

Mike D

I would choose a soldering iron or a large nail heated on an open fire (coocking stove). Just make sure that you're not holding the nail in your hand.

Ari :)

Back
Top Bottom