Vytec and transmitter, $600?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NudeDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Used Vytec with transmitter for $600. It's supposed to be 3 years old, with only 2 dives on it, originally purchased from a LDS, not on-line. Any reason to be concerned that it is a Vytech and not a Vytech DS? Is the difference between these two really significant?

Thanks!
nd

The difference between the two is the Deep stops and the attenuatable (50%)RGMB algorithm. If you can live without those features the rest is the same.

The difference between the two is the Deep stops and the attenuatable (50%)RGMB algorithm. If you can live without those features the rest is the same.
But what ARE these things (and why do they matter)? I've tried to do some reading but I am a little short on understanding.

Deep Stops, is a RGBM feature of the Suunto deco model... il allows the divers to make a first deco stop deeper than usual stops, thus reducing the length of shallower stops...

Attenuatable algorithm is used to make the deco algorithm less conservative... it should only be used if you know what you're doing. As you seem to ignore the existence of this feature, you probably don't need it ;-)

I would get the BRAND NEW Oceanic Atom 2 with that money....

Search is your friend. The price drops around $600 range if you find a deal....

Used Vytec with transmitter for $600. It's supposed to be 3 years old, with only 2 dives on it, originally purchased from a LDS, not on-line. Any reason to be concerned that it is a Vytech and not a Vytech DS? Is the difference between these two really significant?
For the computer AND the transmitter, a fair price. For a recreational diver, the differences are NOT significant.

For the computer AND the transmitter, a fair price. For a recreational diver, the differences are NOT significant.
I was hoping to hear that it is "a great deal!" :)

Well, I bought it. Now I'm waiting for it to come in the mail. I hope it is all as promised. I had to order batteries for it. As soon as I get it all together, I'll take it to the pool and try it out.

I was hoping to hear that it is "a great deal!" :)
Well, I bought it. Now I'm waiting for it to come in the mail. I hope it is all as promised. I had to order batteries for it. As soon as I get it all together, I'll take it to the pool and try it out.
OK, then, it is a GREAT DEAL! :D Certainly, compared to the new, retail price, it is a great deal. Compared to used prices on eBay it is a fair / reasonable / possibly good deal. I use the Vytec and transmitter and like the set up. You will experience the occassional failure of the unit to sync when you pressurize the tank. You will find that the signal may begin to fail at lower tank pressures, etc. But, the combination is really nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom