dry suit technique

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amaze

Registered
Reaction score
I just got a new drysuit and in checking it out everything went well until the very end of the dive...my boots are stuck into my fins and it requires a great deal of effort to get my fins off (i definitely am not easing out of the water and it would be especially bad at the bottom of a swim platform on a rocking boat). I use finkeepers arround my boots and have found that the only way to get them off is to stand on the front of the fin and then work the boot back and forth about ten times and they eventually work loose? Any suggestions? Should i go for some sort of lubricant?

I have the same problem with size 12 Rock Boots and Turtle Fins with Halcyon Springs. At the end of the dive those puppies are stuck on but good. I’m looking forward to any advice that’s offered.

Mike

amaze once bubbled...
I just got a new drysuit and in checking it out everything went well until the very end of the dive...my boots are stuck into my fins and it requires a great deal of effort to get my fins off (i definitely am not easing out of the water and it would be especially bad at the bottom of a swim platform on a rocking boat). I use finkeepers arround my boots and have found that the only way to get them off is to stand on the front of the fin and then work the boot back and forth about ten times and they eventually work loose? Any suggestions? Should i go for some sort of lubricant?

Sounds like you need a set of fins with larger foor pockets

MikeS once bubbled...
I have the same problem with size 12 Rock Boots and Turtle Fins with Halcyon Springs. At the end of the dive those puppies are stuck on but good. I’m looking forward to any advice that’s offered.

Mike

Geez i thought i had some big feet.Try a shot of armor all or some of that pump silicone spray stuff inside your fins and on your boots.I use that when i dive with my Apollo fins and helps quite a bit getting them off.The only downside is i have to use it every dive or it wears off quickly.

I think the answer is smaller feet. I wear a size 11 dry suit boot and the Turtles come off real easy.

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
I think the answer is smaller feet. I wear a size 11 dry suit boot and the Turtles come off real easy.

Chinese women used to wear some extremely tight bandage around their feet to prevent them from growing. Bigger was not considered better...

Spray silicon.

I wear turtles and springs with size 11 rock boots and fins come off really easily... must be that one extra size in the foot department... it's not as if the foot pocket on turtles is small!!!

Try silicon... or a fins-on ladder :rolleyes:

DD

The lubricant idea worked great...i remembered a few years back when i armoralled the tramp of my racing catamaran...it was slip and slide for a month after. I armoralled the inside of my jetfins and durining the dives this weekend they slid off with ease. Thanks for all the replies!! bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom