NEW! Wetherell on Saturday??? Or Sun...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dbg40

Contributor
Reaction score
Checking the weather, It seems that Sat. may be "iffy" due to possible showers and setch. Just throwin it out there, but how would a change to Sunday hit everyone? Looks like the better of the 2 days. Jump in please, if it's good with everyone else, or may bring in a fiew more, maybe we can change it up???

Dave seas around 2 ft both days. Im packed up but am willing to do Sunday as its a definite for good weather according to the weather models and I can get another day of rest in before a treck out to Jamestown. Beavertail is even doable both days and I may push for that on a second dive.

Dave I'm good for Sunday.

First dive

Enter eastern cove - snorkle to passage to plant flag -thru the arch around the island (30ft)- head down to 60-70 ft along the wall (need min. 4C flashlight) - back up to the sand- head 5 ticks to right of north to reach the overhangs - under the overhangs then head east - retrieve the planted flag and back via the western cove looking for tropicals along the ledges.

Second Dive

Beavertail PL #3 or any ole simple dive to someones elses comfort zone. Crevas near pebble beach goat path is only advanced due to the lenghty snorkle or nasty surge if the ocean is rough.

I assume traffic coming home is going to be the worst on Monday ?

I will prolly just stay at the main lot for whatever diving I do. My wife is coming along with her kayak, and a friend is also bringing hers. Just too much to drag around twice ( mostly because I'm just too lazy :)) But It is starting to look more like Sunday to me. I'll wait a bit longer to se if anyone else kicks in. Even the good Dr. may make a showing on Sunday.

Ill make my decision tomorrow morning. Maybe the threat of bad weather will make traveling on the highways easier and the coves less crowded. I could also leave later then and not be in a rush to beat the traffic back.

I'm for Sunday, But I'm sure you already know that.....

Wait a minute!!!

Dave made a slight spelling error in his post.That means he is wrong and the weather is going to be nice then?

Wait a minute!!!

Dave made a slight spelling error in his post.That means his wrong and the weather is going to be nice then?

yes....yes it will.... I'm counting on traffic being lighter on Sunday, figuring most folks will be anxious to jump on the long weekend and leave Fri pm or Sat..

Allright Dave lets see how things pan out. Id'e love to give an advanced tour of the cove-island to a capable advanced diver and a second easy dive to someone less advanced.

Even the good Dr. may make a showing on Sunday.

Yep, the Doctor is in. :D

Probably kayaking not diving (I told my girlfriend I'd take her kayaking Sunday), but I am planning to be there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom