Transpac Doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxPower

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just rigged up my Transpac for doubles (AL80s) and the instructions say to put the top band right below the shoulders of each tank. My problem is that it puts the valves almost at my shoulders and I can't reach the shut off. Is it a good idea to lower the bands, I figure about 6 inches?

Because its my first time doubling up, I dont have money for a plate, and the Transpac is designed for it.

Mine works fine with doubles, although i prefer to use a BP.

As for you question about the tank bands, I dive LP 85's. The top band is just below the shoulders. Works fine with either of my backplates and the Transpac.

No it's not...

It absolutely is. There are two stabilizing "plates" that firm it up. I dove double 95's before I went to sidemount. I did not see much difference, if any, from my stainless or aluminum backplate. Transpac is a good piece of equipment, very versatile. I made quite a few dives with Lamar Hires, he was in a transpac and doubles while I was in 95's and a backplate / wings setup. You can bet who was cleaner in the water, but if not.........it wasn't me. I have learned over time, when you really learn to dive, you can dive good and clean in anything. Having said that, I have three transpacs, sidemount, doubles, and singles. Mark

I have been diving the transpac with double 100s HP stl for the last year. I have the top band just below shoulder of the tank and the valves are behind my neck wear I can reach them.

Is there a chance that you are wearing the transpace too low? Which set of grommets are you placing the top band? When I first doubled up I spent several hours in and out of the pool one day getting wear I could reach all the valves. 6" is a long way to move a tank. It is amazing how much you can reach if you only move the tank by a 1/2".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom