If you had $2000.00!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr.Bubbles

Reaction score
There are a lot of threads going up on Rednecks, Picture, What got you started. But lets think of a dream. If some one came up to you on the street as you were going into a dive shop and gave you $2000.00 and told you had to spend it in the store what would you buy???

First thing I would buy is a drysuit since I recently discovered I am a wimp in cold water :)

Second is the drysuit training.

Third would be an upgraded regulator, probably the Apex TX100.

Last would be the imcomparable Apollo Biofin Pros.

That should just about do it. Whaddaya think?

Mr.Bubbles,

In this case, take a deep breath, remain calm and remember there is a Operators manual for just about everything.

Turning to that section of the manual I will paraphrase for you the strict instructions.

1) Thank the person kindly

2) Calmly, as to not draw too much attention, walk up to the nearest register.

3) In a relaxed yet determinded manner, speak clearly

4) Tell the cashier you are ready and need some assistance.

5) Then, realizing you are doing a GOOD THING, ask for $2000 worth, in whatever size they offer them in, a GIFT CERTIFICATE...

6) Take said cert to nearest local Postal Service location and have friendly (or not) representative assist you in filling out a certified next day express envelope and place said cert in such container and address it to the "K. Neptunes Rebreather Fund"

7) Insure said package for fullest amount and assure its departure.

8) Immediately feel good about the transpired duty and depart postal location

9) Arrive home knowing the generous deed will be well applied

10) [red]REPEAT AS NESSASSARY[/red]!

No, Really! I am reading it straight from the manual!

:mission:

Book the very last spot on the live-a-board in Truk that my diveshop is sponsering next week!

Gee...that was easy!

Originally posted by King_Neptune
Mr.Bubbles,

In this case, take a deep breath, remain calm and remember there is a Operators manual for just about everything.

Turning to that section of the manual I will paraphrase for you the strict instructions.

1) Thank the person kindly

2) Calmly, as to not draw too much attention, walk up to the nearest register.

3) In a relaxed yet determinded manner, speak clearly

4) Tell the cashier you are read and need some assistance.

5) Then, realizing you are doing a GOOD THING, ask for $2000 worth, in whatever size they offer them in, a GIFT CERTIFICATE...

6) Take said cert to nearest local Postal Service location and have friendly (or not) representative assist you in filling out a certified next day express envelope and place said cert in such container and address it to the "K. Neptunes Rebreather Fund"

7) Insure said package for fullest amount and assure its departure.

8) Immediately feel good about the transpired duty and depart postal location

9) Arive home knowing the generous deed will be well applied

10) [red]REPEAT AS NESSASSARY[/red]!

No, Really! I am reading it straight from the manual!

:mission:

I like the idea -- now can I ask you all to just replace the "K. Neptunes Rebreather Fund" with "DivingGal's toys"?????

Ok, shouldn't steal the idea - I'd like to upgrade my dive computer,

$2000?
Well, first I'd have to send $155 to the Feds for "Self Employment Tax"
Then I'd have to send another $155 to the Feds for "Social Security and Medicare Tax"
Then I'd have to send another $760 to the Feds for "Income Tax."
I musn't forget the $30 for unemployment tax and the $25 for Workmen's comp taxes; $48 for State Income Tax, and of course I have to reserve 9% of what's left for sales tax...
So, with the $750 I can actually convert to something for *me* after paying off all the government thieves, I think I'd get me a 30.06 and a couple of boxes of ammo.
Rick

Rick,I think you'd need a bottle of scotch and directions to the nearest tall building too.I would get the used scooter in the corner and a new HID light.

A good warm suit. A good rechargeable light. a BC and tanks for the Daughter. Oh got to have an Octo. Also a pony bottle and reg for it. and the rest in trips off shore.

I'd buy the kids intergrated Bcds. They hate wearing a weight belt.
I really want a new mask. One with a purple lens. I saw it once at a scuba show, and now I can't find it! It is my biggest regret for not buying it there! They only wanted $60.00 for it! This haunts me everyday.
And my husband wants a new computer so that has to go on the list.
I would like a dry suit for Lake Michigan diving. And my youngest son loved playing with the scooter in the quarry, and would love his own.
I want to take the whole family to The Great Barrier Reef on a Mike Ball live a board too. And stay in the top catagory.
Oh wait, I thought you said $200,000.
:sunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom