Hollis Regulators - Specs - Details

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Captain Morgan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'm looking for serious details on the specs of Hollis regulators. The website is quite vague and doesn't offer much in representation. Does anyone know where I might find more thorough information? I'm a technical person by nature and wish to lay to rest the fluff like, "breath with confidence and push the limits." Or "greater intermediate pressure." Even "ultimate control over the internal air path." Give me a break. No doubt I'm sure they're great regs but I mean Oceanic does a pretty bang up job with giving you details and specs, I just expected Hollis to be no different I guess. What are your thoughts? I want to compare the Oceanic EOS with the Hollis line. They are all made by Oceanic. I understand Hollis is geared more so for tech but where does the tech end with the EOS and begin with the Hollis regs. Follow me?

I'm looking for serious details on the specs of Hollis regulators. The website is quite vague and doesn't offer much in representation. Does anyone know where I might find more thorough information? I'm a technical person by nature and wish to lay to rest the fluff like, "breath with confidence and push the limits." Or "greater intermediate pressure." Even "ultimate control over the internal air path." Give me a break. No doubt I'm sure they're great regs but I mean Oceanic does a pretty bang up job with giving you details and specs, I just expected Hollis to be no different I guess. What are your thoughts? I want to compare the Oceanic EOS with the Hollis line. They are all made by Oceanic. I understand Hollis is geared more so for tech but where does the tech end with the EOS and begin with the Hollis regs. Follow me?

Hi Captain,

Is there anything specific i can answer for you in regards to specs on our regs?? We are updating the tech section on the website currently which is taking longer than expected.

Currenty shipping are the "212" 2nd stage, DC1 & DC2 1st stages and of course our O2 reg.

Thanks,

Nick, to add a little to what the Cap is asking, the next reg I buy the company WILL be open with information and sell me anything I want for the reg. Translation, if I can't get service manuals and parts I am taking my money elsewhere. What is Hollis's corp policy on parts and service info?

Is there anything specific i can answer for you in regards to specs on our regs??

Hi Nick,

Is there a difference between the DC1 & DC2 other than the swivel turret first stage? What would the benefits be to having one over the other? Comparing the EOS (Oceanic's professed top of the line reg) to the DC1 or DC2 of Hollis, understanding they are virtually one of the same company, what is the comparison? What makes the EOS the EOS and the DC1/DC2 the DC1/DC2? They just seem in terms so similar that I can't distinguish a difference, or am I missing something?

Nick, to add a little to what the Cap is asking, the next reg I buy the company WILL be open with information and sell me anything I want for the reg. Translation, if I can't get service manuals and parts I am taking my money elsewhere. What is Hollis's corp policy on parts and service info?

Herman,

We can appreciate the concern for getting as much information as possible. If you want to know anything specific, i would be happy to answer. As soon as our website's technical section is finished there will be a lots of data available on there also.

With regards to parts and service, Hollis regs are currently serviced at authorized Hollis dealers only. This is for the communication of information between us and the retailer as they can then effectively communicate to you any needed service updates, bulletins or even recalls.

Hope this answers a few questions.

Best Regards,

Hi Nick,

Is there a difference between the DC1 & DC2 other than the swivel turret first stage? What would the benefits be to having one over the other? Comparing the EOS (Oceanic's professed top of the line reg) to the DC1 or DC2 of Hollis, understanding they are virtually one of the same company, what is the comparison? What makes the EOS the EOS and the DC1/DC2 the DC1/DC2? They just seem in terms so similar that I can't distinguish a difference, or am I missing something?

Captain,

The most noticeable difference between the DC1 and DC2 is the swivel turret, which makes for easier hose routing and preference for those not liking a fixed port design of the DC2.

The EOS is Oceanic's "top of the line" second stage, similar to our "212" 2nd stage. I don't believe that Oceanic has a swivel first stage, but maybe you are comparing our DC2 1st stage to their FDX10? Its hard to see by a few pictures the differences, but they all have an entirely different body. Check out our dealer locator to see these in person: Where To Buy Hollis Gear.

For more info on the EOS/FDX10 or other Oceanic products, contact Doug in the Oceanic forum. He can help you out.

Herman,

We can appreciate the concern for getting as much information as possible. If you want to know anything specific, i would be happy to answer. As soon as our website's technical section is finished there will be a lots of data available on there also.

With regards to parts and service, Hollis regs are currently serviced at authorized Hollis dealers only. This is for the communication of information between us and the retailer as they can then effectively communicate to you any needed service updates, bulletins or even recalls.

Hope this answers a few questions.

Best Regards,

So if I understand this correctly, as company policy Hollis will not sell me service manuals or parts.

So if I understand this correctly, as company policy Hollis will not sell me service manuals or parts.

Liability, herman.

No dive equipment manufacturer should want non-certified technicians, or amateur Joe Blows, working on regulators.

Liability, herman.

No dive equipment manufacturer should want non-certified technicians, or amateur Joe Blows, working on regulators.
FWIW, going to an LDS in no way guarantees a competent repair. I know from first hand experience.

Regards

Liability, herman.

Sorry but that is just a smoke screen they hide behind. If that were the real reason I could not buy brake parts for my Suburban, gun power to reload my own ammo or a dozen other items, many of which have to potential to do real harm to others. If I screw up a reg, I can do harm to myself or at most my buddy and myself. There are reg companies that will sell parts and freely give out maint information, does anyone know of a liability suit being filed, much less won against them?

FWIW, going to an LDS in no way guarantees a competent repair. I know from first hand experience.

Regards

Which is exactly why I now do all my own work.

Back
Top Bottom