Adjusting the backplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

peter_steinhoff

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
A lot of people don't know how to adjust their backplate properly.

Common mistakes are to have long shoulder straps which makes the plate ride to low and the valves difficult to reach. A lot of people also have the crotch strap to tight, the D-rings too low and so on.

For those interrested - check this guide out:
http://dir-diver.com/en/equipment/backplate_adjustment.html

Best,
Peter

Although I already knew how to adjust the BP, I think your site is great. Lots of great info. Keep up the good work.

Hold the BP level with your arms outstretched. Raise your arms slowly until the BP is vertical. Now, rapidly bend your arms towrd your shoulders.

As the BP strikes your head chant "there is more than one way to do things."

Repeat until unconcious.

Just kidding.

leadweight once bubbled...
Hold the BP level with your arms outstretched. Raise your arms slowly until the BP is vertical. Now, rapidly bend your arms towrd your shoulders.

Repeat until unconcious.

Just kidding.

Just ignore him....he's a HATER!!! :maniac: :poking: :D

leadweight once bubbled...

Repeat until unconcious.

Just kidding.

Hehh....LOL

to purchase a BP. She's setting it up this weekend and I sent her the links mentioned, she said they were quite helpful.

It's good to see even beginners appreciating good design and the advantages of standardization.

cyklon_300 once bubbled...
to purchase a BP. She's setting it up this weekend and I sent her the links mentioned, she said they were quite helpful.

It's good to see even beginners appreciating good design and the advantages of standardization.

Yeah, I've seen a lot of OW students in BP/wings and they are soo much better in the water than your average student, it's almost scary.

The people who says that BP/wings are for advanced divers only are just full of BS and probably without any real life experience in the matter :)

Best,
Peter Steinhoff
NAUI Instructor
GUE DIR-F, Tech1, Tech2, Cave1, Cave2
and a bunch of IANTD, PADI etc.
http://dir-diver.com

Keep sharing the knowledge, Peter. That's a GREAT site! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom