Wisdom tank pressure problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

treasurehunter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'v been diving with the wisdom for 5 years now and have been very happy with it.
But lately i'v noticed it doesn't read the tank pressure properly.
With a full tank before dive it is off by about 350 psi (less than actual pressure)and the same at the end of the dive it is off by 200 psi (less than actual pressure).

Can this be fixed? Has anyone else had this problem?

I had the same problem with my Wisdom 1 in its third year.

I my case it registered about 250 lb less on a full tank. My LDS, a Mares dealer, sent it back to the distributor who replaced it with a new computer. We had the replacement within a week. I thought this was pretty good service given that the compter was 3 years old.

If I remember correctly, the computer had between 125 and 130 dives on it.

Thanks bhalah

Acually i rechecked today with new batteries and three different gauges and i also have 120 dives on it and the difference is 250 psi.

Did they replace the computer free of charge,if not how much did it cost.

They replaced the computer free of charge. I was surprised at this since the unit was 3 years old and beyond the 2 year warranty.

I have had a total of 4 wisdoms, all of them replaced under warranty even though the last 2 replacements were outside the original 24 month warranty period.

One crashed and burned during a dive, another just quit and the third developed a 245 psi pressure reading when disconnected from the tank. It was an eternal optimist, which is not a good thing for an SPG.

The last one has held up very well, although it is now used much less since I went to a multigas trimix computer and it no longer gets dove in temperature extremes (such as going from a 100 degree boat deck to 35 degree water in about 2 minutes and 130 ft.) or at high altitude, one or the other of which I suspect probably had something to do with the very high failure rates Wisdoms had in my former neck of the woods. (almost everyone I knew who had one, had at least one fail). But the warranty service was excellent and they consistently got better with either loinger times between failure and or fewer/no failures.

Back
Top Bottom