Suunto Stinger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rhone Man

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Thinking about buying a Suunto Stinger - welcome any comments: good, bad or indifferent.

Am particularly concerned by another post on SB which suggests that if you buy through LP it can be problematic getting the battery replaced as they are not authorised dealers. Is that fact or supposition?

I cant speak about LP as I dont know but I would imagine for warrenty purposes it would need to be purchased by and the battery changed by an authorised dealer, battery change can be a little costly. I think its a good computer with a proven track record, the down side being that the battery is not user replaceable and some people will complain about the conservative nature but I have never found it to be an issue doing OW Rec dives, do a search on this computer there are many many reviews etc. Good luck.

I've got two Stingers. One for me, the other for my wife.
Easy to use, haven't encountered any mishaps.
The only feature I miss is support for multiple gas changes.
If I was going to make the purchase today, I'd go for a Vytec DS.
Supports up to three gas mixes, user serviceable batteries.
Probably cheaper than a Stinger.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom