Dive Rite, Excellent Customer Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ann Marie

be happy
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Four months ago, I bought Dive Rite's Executive Slate from divesports.com.

The slate has several pages and comes with a carbon pencil that is very easy to write with. Unfortunately, the plastic clip broke and I lost my pencil when I was stowing the slate. :depressed:

I have looked everywhere for a carbon pencil. I've gone to several office supply stores, an art store, and searched online (of course). Couldn't find a replacement that I liked as much, though I did buy some pencils to try and make due.

Last night, I decided to write Dive Rite and ask them where I could purchase just the pencil as I would like to buy two. I got an email this morning from Lee Ann:

The parts you are asking for are sold separately but not often. I will stick a couple in the mail to you at the address on the bill you attached unless you have a different one for it to go to.

Thanks for buying Dive Rite!

I am shocked to say the least! First the slate cost me less than $15! Second, I got a response that was amazingly quick and nice. When I replied and thanked her, I mentioned that I didn't mind paying for the items and asking if I could post the experience on ScubaBoard. Here's what I received back:

I will have them put in the mail tomorrow, glad I could help. I would love for you to post your positive experience….. I don’t know about you but sometimes it is just nice to do a good deed. :)

Thanks again for using Dive Rite!

In a time where it is difficult to find customer service, especially for a small item purchase, Lee Ann and Dive Rite made my day.

This slate is the first Dive Rite item I've purchased, but not only have they have won me over they've made a new customer. When researching gear for purchase in the future I will most definitely put Dive Rite on the list of manufacturers that I look at, will share this experience with my students, and with my friends at ScubaBoard. :D

Thank you Lee Ann and Dive Rite!!

+1 Dive rite! They always offer phenomenal customer service!

-Tony DC

Just be glad you haven't had to have a computer fixed, we're still waiting approximately 7 weeks later for a replacement to be sent out because they're waiting for a shipment.

Sorry for your computer experience. Logistics can be a nightmare. We've actually lost customers because we are awaiting Back Ordered products. Nothing we could do, and there was nothing the manufacturer could do as they needed materials to complete our order. Not trying to defend anyone here, but it is possible that the manufacturer's OEM has backordered parts to them. If anything, I would keep checking to see what's up.
Safe Diving,
George

Just be glad you haven't had to have a computer fixed, we're still waiting approximately 7 weeks later for a replacement to be sent out because they're waiting for a shipment.

I bought a Dive Rite light on Ebay and it failed after 2 dives. After sending it back 3 times (and spending well over $500 is service and shipping), it still woldn't work. I bought a second one which worked for nine months and then the bulb died. So that's another $120 for a bulb that didn't even last a year.

I have a lot of Dive Rite equipment including bakcplates, wings, slates, ect and have been happy with them all. But in the area of electronics, they simply aren't reliable and can't seem to fix what's broken.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom