Warranty Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stever2002

Contributor
Reaction score
Last year I purchased a set of Dive Rite Regs - RG-2500-ICE and octo (2015?) from my LDS.

If I recall, the warranty included free parts every-other year. Well, I only used it 4 times last year when I bought it, and haven't gotten it wet this year.

So my question is, do I need to take it in for service this year, in order to get my free parts next year? I see that this reg has been Discontinued, will that have any bearing on my LDS performing maintenance?

Thanks,
...steve...

Last year I purchased a set of Dive Rite Regs - RG-2500-ICE and octo (2015?) from my LDS.

If I recall, the warranty included free parts every-other year. Well, I only used it 4 times last year when I bought it, and haven't gotten it wet this year.

So my question is, do I need to take it in for service this year, in order to get my free parts next year? I see that this reg has been Discontinued, will that have any bearing on my LDS performing maintenance?

Thanks,
...steve...

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your question. Reg service is required every two years or 100 dives, in order to keep the warranty. So you should get it serviced this year.

Regs (except Jetstream) are free parts for life, you only pay for the labor. When you get the reg serviced, the old parts are send to us and we send out replacement parts. Your local dealer will usually take care of this for you. The fact that it’s discontinued doesn’t matter, we still have kits available.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to contact us.

Best,
Ag

Ag,

Thanks for the quick reply. If reg service is required every two years, then why do I need to have it serviced this year, since its only one year old. Wouldn't it be due next year? It was purchased (around) May/June of 2007, so its only about 16 months old.

Thanks for the clarification,
...steve...

Ag,

Thanks for the quick reply. If reg service is required every two years, then why do I need to have it serviced this year, since its only one year old. Wouldn't it be due next year? It was purchased (around) May/June of 2007, so its only about 16 months old.

Thanks for the clarification,
...steve...

Hi Steve,
Sorry, can't count. :) Every two years or a 100 dives.

Best,
Ag

Back
Top Bottom