Tubbataha & the rest of the Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

escapedia

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,
What should one expect to see in Tubbataha during April?
Are these atolls realy the best scuba destination in the Philippines?
Thanks.

Thanks.
Any personal experience?

Thanks.
Any personal experience?

Wanting to go myself, but if you search the PPD forum for "Tubbataha" you'll get 186 returns ....

Thanks.
Any personal experience?

I was there in 95. The boat, Tristar, also went to Bastera and Jessie Beazley reefs, which in many ways are very similar to Tubattaha north and south.
It's the best diving I've ever done. You're 90 miles out in the middle of the Sulu Sea diving on some pinnacles. The Philippine government does a pretty good job of protecting if from dynamite fishing too so the marine life was plentiful. Great vis too. April can be a really nice time since it's kind of between the habagat (s west) and amihan (n east) winds....a lull, so to speak.
I have a good friend who still goes out there. He rents big fishing bangkas and goes for 3-4 days. He says it's still really nice.

It is nice. The liveaboards are all about the same. If you can find a group of 10 then you can negotiate a better deal......anywhere is fine on Tubby. We benefit in a similiar way around our place as well.....the Sulu Sea is really something to behold. Since we have reduced/stopped the destructive fishing practises it is coming back strong. Many places were never hurt. Tubby is one see.

Hello,
What should one expect to see in Tubbataha during April?
Are these atolls really the best scuba destination in the Philippines?
Thanks.

welcome to ppd escapedia!

april is the most ideal time to go there although our rubber boat hit a few waves in the south of south atoll. the currents were ripping in jessie beazly but i think it was a full moon when we dove that site.

it's as lovely as everyone described it to be. teeming with life, i got to chase after turtles, sharks, fusiliers, jacks and on and on...

here's jovin's trip report

you'll love it there. post pictures and a trip report when you get back :D

Back
Top Bottom