Another thread for the masses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
What was your best/worst dive experience?

I'll start. My best was at Point Lobos in Monterey. I had a sea otter hovering @ 6ft. from me. He kept spinning circles in front of me, turned, swam off, looked back to see if I was following. He/she took me on a guided tour of the point and returned me to where we started. :D
Worst: Long story, but I had to continue dive training the day after my little girl was born. As if that wasnt' enough, I was at 80 ft. when my inflator valve stuck open. I couldn't get it disconnected. I rocketed to the surface. When I finally broke the surface, I came out past my weight belt. :eek:

80 Feet up? From what i know, that is VERY bad... Did you have to take a chamber ride, or were you ok?

Also, why were you doing your certification dives at 80 feet? Aren't new divers only supposed to go to 60 ft maximum?

So far, my best experience has been my open water certification dives. We had a school of rainbow trout swimming about 20 feet from us the whole dive. There were probably 30-50 of them. Was a cool show :)

No bad dives yet... heh.

Kamades

It was on a deep dive for my advanced cert.
Fortunately I managed to stay out of the D-can. I did puke, but I think it was more from nerves. I didn't have any other symptoms to go along with it.

Glad to hear you survived that wild ride. My worst dive experience was in a lake. When I wanted to come up I found I had a jetskier using my dive flag for a target. I spent 30 minutes hanging 10 feet down waiting for him to leave. That was the lowest psi I have ever run a tank to. Best experience was last Saturday when I found a great dive buddy. Have not been to the ocean yet so I hear that will be my best experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom