PNG on the Peter Hughes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaDiva

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Starting to look into buying my plane ticket for this trip...April 27-May 7, 2009. Doing the Walindi to Walindi itinerary. It's going to be amazing!!

I know most people go through Cairns on the way there and back when traveling from the US.

Anyone have any tips on best pricing/airlines for this adventure?

We went in 05', when we compared prices at that time Trip-N-Tour was best in flight/hotel and helped us with what we needed. We stayed overnight in Cairns and then the next morning on to Port Moorseby, then on to Hoskins. Out of Walindi we took StarDancer on the Fathers and Witus trip, some of the best diving we ever had. The area has some of the highest biodiversity in the world. We stayed a couple of days on the end of the trip at Loloata and when compared to diving at the Fathers...., StarDancer was tops!
File0006.jpg
File0019.jpg

File0017.jpg

File0012.jpg
File0008.jpg

File0007.jpg
File0004.jpg

The Fathers volcano
IMG_0435.jpg

Thanks for posting those pics! VEEERRRY nice!!

Appreciate the input.

Have a great time!
Our hut at walindi
IMG_0754.jpg

They came to trade fruit and veggies
IMG_0481.jpg

Sunset off the top of StarDancer
IMG_0414.jpg

Our dive schedule
StarDancersdiveslate.jpg

Locals
rlc1117.jpg
rlc1094.jpg

rlc1080.jpg

rlc1038.jpg
File0040.jpg

a527b1f2.jpg

6f0ff214.jpg

If travelling from Cairns, take Air Niugini to Port Moresby then Hoskins - return

Because Air Niugini allows extra weight for your dive gear! plus they are the only ones that fly to Hoskins.

You can also book your flights yourself online at

airniugini.com.pg

If you have to overnight in Port Moresby and budget is not an issue, then Airways Hotel is the best and closest to the airport.

airways.com.pg

good luck!

for flights within australia, my advise is to check out webjet on Cheap Flights, Qantas, Virgin Blue, Jetstar - Cheap Flights & Airfares - Compare Flights at Webjet - Webjet.com.au

oh, and april 26th is our Anzac Day and i suspect prices to get to PNG may be higher around this date because of the aussies that travel there to walk the Kokoda Track

Kokoda Track - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia & http://www.anzacday.org.au/history/ww2/bfa/kokoda.html

cheers and enjoy - hopefully in a year or 2 we will finally get to PNG ourselves

If anyone is interested, we have moved this trip to April 23-May 3, 2010. You can find the details through the link in my signature. I think it will be a lot cheaper to get the airfare way ahead of time. They should be releasing fares for that time frame next month.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom