Rg3000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mwhities

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just bought a new RG3000 setup. It includes the RG2015 second stage back up regulator. I dove with it in the pool this weekend and breathing off the back up (switching back and forth to test them) the RG2015 seemed to breath wet when I was inverted in the water column. I tried adjusting it from pre-dive to dive and vice versa but, the samething happened each time. When I'm trimmed out properly, it breathes like a dream as it's supposed to. I've had 6 of the RG2500s with the RG2010s (I believe) and they didn't do that at all.

To catch up. I run a long hose (7') on my primary and a 22" hose on my back up. My RG2015 came with a yellow face plate (purge) and my RG3000 with black. I did swap those out as they seem to be the identical. Would that cause the wet breathing only when upside down?

Thanks for any info.

Michael

Hi Michael,

Generally if a reg breathes wet it is either a leak around the main diaphragm, the mouth piece, or debris in the exhaust valve. You can talk to your local Dive Rite dealer as they might be able to take a look at the regulator for you, or send the reg in to us to get checked out if you prefer. If you'd like to send them to us let me know and I will organize an RA number for you.

Best,
Ag

AG,

Thanks, I will check the diaphragm tonight. I was right to assume that the face plates (purge plates?) are identical, right? I'll check and make sure that it's flush all the way around and see what might be interfering with it.

I'll let you know tonight.

Thanks,

Michael

oops, double post.

Well, it wasn't later that day but, I removed the face plate and readjusted it. (DR wasn't perfect level. :p) It seems to be working fine now. I was drifting in Cozumel and was doing rolls and inverting myself and twisting all around, the reg didn't breath wet at all.

Thanks. :)

Michael

Hi Michael,

Thanks for reporting back. I'm glad you don't have any more problems.

The diving in Cozumel sounds great! Enjoy.

Best,
Ag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom