Nuweiba Red Sea - Exodus Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajb

Reaction score
Have a question. I've never been to this area so my knowledge is very limited - if non-existent! I have read several archaeological reports that have identified finds in the Nuweiba area leading back to the possible location of the exodus, i.e. chariot wheels, chariot axle's, etc. Does anyone know if a dive operator in this area offers dive trips to any of these sites? The diving in the area sounds impressive regardless but am interested in diving these archaeological sites if possible...

Thanks!
Jim

The exodus he is talking about (I assume) is the Moses leading the Jews from the Egyptians.

You will find that the Nuweiba dive area is pretty. It has lots of small stuff that is lovely to photograph. But it is very close to the ferry that goes to Jordan (Aqaba)
So diving out in the middle of sea is going to be limited.

Emperor Divers are in Nuweiba, and you could contact them to ask.

But as far as I am aware, there is little diving on archeological sites.
The Egyptian authorities get a little nervous when foreigners start mooching around.

I have heard back from Emporer Divers as well as PM'd with Red Sea Shadow. Doesn't sound like there are archaeological dive trips in the area. Still waiting to hear back from Africa Divers... Thanks for all your comments and PM's. Exactly the information I was looking for!

Jim

it is a fact that they fund about 10 years ago some archaeological sites near Nuweiba.
To be exact between the harbor and the bedouin fisherman village called Mezzina.
They fund wheals ans other thinks but as far as I know they get a lot out of the sea to bring it to the Egyptian Museum where it was confirmed that this wheals belongs to the army of Ramses 2.
Probably you can still see some of them under water. There is also a column you still can see by the road.
If you want to know more about the story of Exodus in Nuweiba :

If you want real information where to find or to see some of the archaeological sites contact :

If you want accomodation on the place it all happened :
Let me know I can't send url yet

I hope this information was from any help and wish you good luck.
Let me know if you find out
Greta

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom