Discontinued HID lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Dear fellow divers,

I have been researching HID lights. My LDS is a Dive Rite dealer. When I was checking into options on Dive Rite's website I found the 10 watt HIDs have discontinued as of 9/1/2008. Are new Dive Rite HID lights on the horizon? Is the 24 watt HID in danger of being discontinued too? What is Dive Rite's future plans regarding HID lights? I would like to support my LDS but I don't want to buy an Oldsmobile of the HID lights. Pardon my Michigan analogy!

I believe that what you saw as discontinued was the H10 10 watt adjustable HID. They will still be making the MR11 10 watt Sunspot HID - it is non-adjustable, but uses the same bulb as the H10. It far outsells the H10 and is more durable - I guess that DR figures that it covers the 10 watt HID category adequately.

Jackie

I believe that what you saw as discontinued was the H10 10 watt adjustable HID. They will still be making the MR11 10 watt Sunspot HID - it is non-adjustable, but uses the same bulb as the H10. It far outsells the H10 and is more durable - I guess that DR figures that it covers the 10 watt HID category adequately.

Jackie

Actually, I think Dive Rite is discontinuing all of the current HID lights, including the H10 and the MR11. In their latest price guide, aside from the LED lights, they only list the new H1000 14 watt HID light and the NV50 video light.

Phil Ellis

Dear fellow divers,

I have been researching HID lights. My LDS is a Dive Rite dealer. When I was checking into options on Dive Rite's website I found the 10 watt HIDs have discontinued as of 9/1/2008. Are new Dive Rite HID lights on the horizon? Is the 24 watt HID in danger of being discontinued too? What is Dive Rite's future plans regarding HID lights? I would like to support my LDS but I don't want to buy an Oldsmobile of the HID lights. Pardon my Michigan analogy!

Hi Dttaylor_19,

Thanks for your question. Dive Rite is indeed coming out with a line of new lights this Fall. We will be announcing all the details very soon - so stay tuned.

The 24W will remain a part of our line of lights. Any discontinued lights will still be serviced and supported by Dive Rite, so you should feel comfortable in making a purchase of any of our lights.

What kind of diving do you do? It is possible that our current range of lights will fit your needs very well, and you can get a good deal on them too!

Let me know if I can help further.

Best,
Ag

Hi Dttaylor_19,

Thanks for your question. Dive Rite is indeed coming out with a line of new lights this Fall. We will be announcing all the details very soon - so stay tuned.

The 24W will remain a part of our line of lights. Any discontinued lights will still be serviced and supported by Dive Rite, so you should feel comfortable in making a purchase of any of our lights.

What kind of diving do you do? It is possible that our current range of lights will fit your needs very well, and you can get a good deal on them too!

Let me know if I can help further.

Best,
Ag

Dear Ag,

I do mainly Great Lakes wreck diving.

DT

Actually, I think Dive Rite is discontinuing all of the current HID lights, including the H10 and the MR11. In their latest price guide, aside from the LED lights, they only list the new H1000 14 watt HID light and the NV50 video light.

Phil Ellis

Yup, the Dive Rite is discontinuing all of the current HID lights

Dive Rite is not discontinuing our HID lights. The HID1000 Slimline and HID1000 Quest are both available. We did discontinued our 35/50W HID Video Light and 24W HID Wreck Light in 2008.

Kathleen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom