• I own 2 or more BP/Wing setups and I can pretty much easily afford it

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • I own 2 or more BP/Wing setups and I [i]really can't[/i] afford it

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Jay

Contributor
Reaction score
Attention BP/Wing users.

Do you use a separate setup entirely when changing from singles to doubles, OR do you use the same BP/Harness and change the wing?

Just curious if you guys are changing your wings out and you own one single backplate or you own two different backplate/wing combinations for diving with singles and doubles.

Dr. Jay once bubbled...
Attention BP/Wing users.

Do you use a separate setup entirely when changing from singles to doubles, OR do you use the same BP/Harness and change the wing?

Just curious if you guys are changing your wings out and you own one single backplate or you own two different backplate/wing combinations for diving with singles and doubles.

Okay, I'm not voting since I haven't gone to doubles yet, but when I do I'll be changing out my wings - simple reason, my BP is sized and rigged just right and I'd always prefer to dive with the gear I'm used to diving with. Also, I'm already planning to buy an aluminum BP on top of my SS.

~<//><

I have both
One Recreational Set, Standard BCD for single use and teaching
and my BP wing setup for my doubles
pics in the link below if you are at all interested.

I never pull my Tech rig apart, it took me too long to get it perfect.

I work in EMS so my pay rate requires me to switch the wings out. It's not really that big of a deal, it only takes a second or two to throw on the wing and STA or vice versa. I am thinking about purchasing a SS plate to replace my AL plate now.

I use the same bc s/s setup with recreational and tech diving. for single I just bolt in the STa. My wings are OMS with bungees so its really compact even using singles. Thought with doubles I would rather use the non-bungee wings.:D

I have a 40 and a 55 Explorer wing and an aluminum and a SS plate. Big wing and light plate for steel tanks, little wing and heavy plate for 80s. I don't own a singles rig.

As for affording it all, its a safety of flight issue, I manage because I can't afford not to have the right equipment.

WW

I keep my SS BP and change wings.

But I also have an old AL backplate which I can use with my doubles wing, if necessary.

I have one rig devoted exclusively to doubles. I use an Explorer 55.

I have a second rig devoted to singles. I swap between a Pioneer 18 and a Pioneer 36.

Prior to receiving the second BP as a gift, I swapped. It wasn't too bad, although it always seemed like I was dashing around at the last minute, usually just before a class.

I have two plate/harness. One is adjusted to fit with my dry suit and the other with my wet suit. I swap wings to match the tanks I'm using. I'm fussy about the harness fit and don't care to fool with it every time.

Right now, I'm only diving singles with a SS Halcyon backplate and 36# Pioneer wing. I'm planning on just using the same plate and harness and switching to a 55# Explorer for when I start diving doubles.

If the SS proves to be too heavy, then I'll pick up an aluminum plate for use with the doubles. So then I'll have two seperate rigs.

I may even just pick up another SS plate to use with doubles. The plates are pretty cheap in comparison to the wing.

Back
Top Bottom