5503 port vs. 5503.20?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

likelite

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey folks, I'll probably call Ike tomorrow but I'm a night owl, so thought I'd ask the other midnight-oil types if anyone knows whether I need to buy the 5503.20 dome especially for a Nikkor 20mm fixed length lens. (The plain 5503 fits every other flavor Nikkor lens from 18 through 35.) The Ike Nike ports page says this:

(7) #5503.20 dome port is a #5503 with special #5504.20 shade for newest f/2.8 "D" 20mm lens.

I'm at a loss as to what that might mean - other than the standard D designation of most lenses? :confused:

Adorama features a 5504.20 shade for the 5503 for $20 - but can I simply mix and match the blame things?

(Actually, I'll report back once I get an answer! Thx for reading!)

The #5503.20 features a shade with more pronounced scallops than the standard #5503. The two ports are the same in all other respects. So you can actually use the #5503.20 as is with any lens that fits in the #5503. There's no real need to have both shades.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

THANKS! I really appreciate the speedy reply! You guys are the best, as you can tell from my username :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom