suit choice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

exwet

Reaction score
Will a lot of dives over 250 ft afect DUI CF200 material?
Will it deteriorate on that pressure after a lot of dives, because after all it is made of neoprene ( crushed but steel neoprene ) ?

The suit should not deteriate at all. the CF material has no air bubbles in it unlike standard or most compressed neoprene

This material was developed for the navy for just that reason.

exwet once bubbled...
Will a lot of dives over 250 ft affect DUI CF200 material?
Will it deteriorate on that pressure after a lot of dives, because after all it is made of neoprene ( crushed but steel neoprene ) ?

Well it depends on how many you call a lot. A rather well-known diver/author who regularly makes dives in that range used the same CF200 for many years and the material held up extremely well. In fact Dick Long actually begged him to stop diving in it.... and gave him a new suit... because he wanted to put it into the "DUI Museum." It looks like **** but the material is still in pretty good shape.

I have a couple of DUI suits and the CF200 has done, in the past two seasons, around 100 dives below 200 and it looks like a new suit... which for me is saying something.

Bottom line... don't worry about it... CF200 is not like regular neoprene. It's bullet-proof

DD

trymixdiver once bubbled...
I dissagree Doppler, your suit is not bullet proof but yeah its very durable :)

Andy

You're right Andy... but, you know what I mean... :D

In my case "lot of divings" is about 200-250 every year ( I dont dive recreationaly, this is my job),and depths are somethimes over 300 ft.

What is it you do? commercial? scientific? movies?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom