I don't like Ike!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LIVES4SHARKS

SHARK DIVA AI
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
at200809_5day.gif

This is not looking good!

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/at200809.public.html#a_topad
Carolyn:shark2:

Last edited:
There goes our vacation next week! But thoughts and prayers to all in Ike's path.

Not lookin good at all. Carribean, florida keys, florida panhandle, and who knows what other gulf states. Keep an eye out and have evac plan ready...

Man I for one find this is getting old. One day were pulling the boats out and the next were putting them back. Heck it has gotten to the point of a person not even being able to find C batteries. The stores are just now once again getting the shelves fill with can food.

Anyone know of a good Trout stream in Tenn where a person could take a last second Vacation if a person had to with a family friendly campground?

Tracking Ike: Hurricane & Tropical Storm Tracking Map by Stormpulse.com - Storm2008.com

This link was posted in the Strom Watch forum. It is a great interactive map!

I hope Ike isn't as dangerous as the media/ weather folks are stating. Seeing how lame Hanna was (for the US), and that Gustave (although certainly no picnic in the park) was not quite what they were predicting, I am beginning to wonder if :
1. Reality TV has taken over and they must hype everything- is Jim Cantori (sp?) on a beach with his weather gear in howling rain yet on the weather channel????
2. Folks are so afraid of underestimating (aka Katrina) that everything now is described as a potential/probable disaster.

Yeah, I may be way off base here (hope I'm not). Either way, I should have been in the weather prognostication business. What other job can you be wrong 80% of the time and still keep your job.:D
All said, I hope Ike doesn't pan out like the predictions. Prayers will be with the Florida/Gulf coast folks.

The new catch phrase for everything is CRISIS. But realistically, because of the gooberness of some people, if we scare you enough, you might just listen and pay attention to the big storm coming at ya! In a hurricane, anything can happen and that is one of the hardest weather systems to predict.

I rather be prepared and sigh relief if the storm wasn't too bad than being caught unprepared and losing everything.

The new catch phrase for everything is CRISIS. But realistically, because of the gooberness of some people, if we scare you enough, you might just listen and pay attention to the big storm coming at ya! In a hurricane, anything can happen and that is one of the hardest weather systems to predict.

I rather be prepared and sigh relief if the storm wasn't too bad than being caught unprepared and losing everything.

Agreed.

...Anyone know of a good Trout stream in Tenn where a person could take a last second Vacation if a person had to with a family friendly campground?
Tellico in the Blue Ridge / Smoky Mts.
...I am beginning to wonder if :
1. Reality TV has taken over and they must hype everything- is Jim Cantori (sp?) on a beach with his weather gear in howling rain yet on the weather channel????
2. Folks are so afraid of underestimating (aka Katrina) that everything now is described as a potential/probable disaster.
They're all sponsored by Home Depot and Lowes :D.
Around here in the winter, just a mention of a chance of a flurry and every store in the area is out of bread and milk. :confused: I never figured out why it's bread and milk. I'd have figured snow tires, chains, sleds, etc.

...What other job can you be wrong 80% of the time and still keep your job.:D
Dang, where'd you get a weatherman that accurate? You have to be making that up!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom