CT Walk-in @ Stonington Point...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H'Islander

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
What a muck hole. Does it ever clear up? I was brail diving the whole evening - vis got UP to about a foot.

Yeesh....now I think I know how Richard Geer's Gerible felt...

Stonington is a bear at this time of year. Also there is a lot of energy in the ocean due to the coming hurricanes (may have stirred up things with the tides also). Yea, it clears up and October is a nice time to dive Stonington at dead Hight Tide. Also, way to the right at the inner breakwater, we have had good vis when the point was murky.

Telling me ED. I remember one winter going there with ScubaBills box truck getting 4 lobster, load of steamers brought along, and firing up the propane stove and having one heck of a party till 2am in 30 F weather.

We had some of the best times just diving as a group.

Lets see Earl would always catch some large lobster and show it to you in front of your mask so its claw could grab your nose; in response I trapped Earl's hand in the catch bag with the lobsters.

Just some good ole times. That was 8 yrs ago and today we hardly see any keepers anymore but a lot of fun can still be had on the right day.

Good to know...Did all my OW stuff there and have been back 2 or 3 times since and it's been chicken noodle soup every time...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom