OMS No-Sag Pockets and D-Ring Access

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScoobieDooo

Reaction score
Last night while trying on my OMS rig with my drysuit I noticed that with the OMS NO-Sag Pocket on one side, I can’t even GET to my waist D-rings. Anyone run into this? That means if I ADD the 2nd pocket on the left side of my harness I’ll never be able to clip my SPG onto the D-ring. Any suggestions, ideas? Now I’m not sure IF I want to buy a 2nd one now or not.

I have to have some way of being able to carry my weights (as much as 15# on my wait, IF I wind up needing more than the 15# my backplate and STA are worth. Thoughts?

I actually just posted my answer to this in the SPG thread that we're in on. I had the More Sag pockets and I went to the Halcyon for that reason. The OMS pockets would slide around my waist belt and sometimes even smash together in the middle. They have no way of securing them in place. They also DO obstruct the use of the left waist D ring. I hated those pockets with a passion. I went with the Halcyon ACB 15. It came with a D ring attached to the left pocket and a cannister light buckle on the right pocket. Another problem I had with the OMS is the velcro wore out rather quickly, I had them for less than a year. 50 or so dives. The Halcyon pockets have a much more stable securing device. For a little more than what I spent on the OMS pockets, I could've had the Halcyon set and avoided the headache. Now for the pocket issue, I use the Dive Rite add on thigh pocket for now. I am in the market for a new drysuit so I will get pockets on it. I like the Dive Rite pocket and I will continue to use that for wetsuit diving.

The OMS pockets would slide around my waist belt and sometimes even smash together in the middle.

I figured out how to stop this. Unthread the belt from the last loop on the BC, slide in the pocket and rethread the belt.

I still have real mixed opinions about mine. I'm still thinking about switching to a DUI weight harness for dry diving.

I like having a pocket too much though. I have pockets on my dry suit, but I wouldn't have any pockets when diving wet.

TwoBit

Try using triglides. They hold the pockets in place very nicely.

Those little metal or plastic things that you slide the weight belt thru to hold weights in place. I used them on my No Sag pockets because they kept moving sliding forward. Since I put the triglides on the pockets stay put.

I had the older style OMS IQ PAK with the attached wt system. I sold it and bought the new style OMS IQ and DUI weight harness. Because I carry about 24 #'s of lead the old style OMS pockets were jammed packed. The DUI system allows for up to 40#'s of weight. The best part is my BCD is about 24#'s lighter which makes getting it on and off that much easier.

So does the DUI weightbelt go OVER your OMS harness, under it, what?

Can you dump the weights if you needed? How?

Anyone have any idea what the max capcaity of the OMS No-Sag Pockets as far as weights go? 10# maybe per pocket? OMS' web site does not specify this....

The DUI harness goes under your bc harness. There are four pockets that hold ten pounds each. You wear the waist portion of the harness lower on the hips so it's under the bc waist strap. The weight pockets are individually dumpable. Here's the link to their site
DUI Weight and Trim Harness

Anyone have any idea what the max capcaity of the OMS No-Sag Pockets as far as weights go? 10# maybe per pocket? OMS' web site does not specify this....
I seem to remember them being 10# each pocket. Yeah, that sounds right, when I had them it didn't look like they could have held much more than that.

Back
Top Bottom