Casio G-Shock Dive Watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbarn02

Reaction score
# of dives
Hey guys,

Is a Casio G-Shock a good beginners watch for an open water diver getting ready to take his first class/dive? I know Navy SEALS are issued G-Shocks, What are you guys feelings?

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Is a Casio G-Shock a good beginners watch for an open water diver getting ready to take his first class/dive? I know Navy SEALS are issued G-Shocks, What are you guys feelings?

I'm on my second G-shock. The first one I bought just prior to taking trimix and after several years the battery wouldnt stay charged (solar power).

I bought myself a replacement last Christmas. Both came from Walmart, cost about $80.

I love them. These are the first watches that I can't seem to destroy during day to day life and have several features that I like for diving (time recorder).

No regrets buying either one.

Thanks, I have worn one for years, mine is a DW-6600 the one Navy Seals are issued.

The newer G-shocks are great. A few years ago i went through one every 5 months, due to leakage I assume. The light would turn on like it was shorted out internally. I wear my G-shock on all dives, but rarely use it since I have a computer

I use one and like it.

After 20 years my faithful G-shock that I have worn diving all over half the planet - London, Caribbean, Mexico, Hawaii - finally bit the dust. The watch mechanism is still fine,, but the rubber case is completely worn out. So I am now looking at a new G-shock. Al the neat things the new ones can do - altitude, barometric pressure, atomic clock etc. - great stuff.

WOW old thread........anyways....Casio G shock is all I wear. This is what I currently wear/dive. Casio G shock GD-100-1B, It has a seven year battery life with LED back light. Its hard to beat. Been Wearing G shocks since 1989.
IMAG0717.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom