Which computer for technical diving do you prefer?

Which computer for technical diving do you prefer?

• Liquivision X1

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Nitek X

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shearwater Pursuit

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • VR3

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Others

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have used all 3. The pursuit is a great computer, but the display on the X1 gives it the clear advantage.

I prefer the discipline of planning my trimix dives using Proplanner. Then using a slate and managing the dive time on my Vytec in gauge mode.

I prefer the discipline of planning my trimix dives using Proplanner. Then using a slate and managing the dive time on my Vytec in gauge mode.

I know some accountants who still use an adding machine, and architects who still draw plans with a pencil and square too. :wink:

I think you will find that the addition of a trimix computer on your wrist does not mean you stop pre-dive planning.

There is a video on youtube of the Liquidvision X1. The numbers are nice and big and I like how it signals for deco stops.

Although, a friend of mine has the Shearwater Pursuit which I could see clearly at depth the other night.

I like that the Liquidvision runs V-Planner live.

The new DiveRite computer isn't out yet is it?

DrDuktayp

Many find that Liquivision is very easy to read in darkness, but many are disappointed, because they say that they cannot change a batterie on Liquivision.

Many find that Liquivision is very easy to read in darkness, but many are disappointed, because they say that they cannot change a batterie on Liquivision.

I would check this out a bit more carefully - it has been discussed on the various threads ad nauseam.

I think some put too much weight in a user-replaceable battery. Most floods on dive computers occur as a result of a user replaceable battery. Why is it so important to have one?

Liquivision says the battery is good for 20 hours of diving between charges. In my experience, I have used it for 20 hours, and only used 30% of the battery without a charge. One could probably easily get 40 hours from it.

The original concern with the battery on the X1 was if the battery crapped out - the unit would have to be scrapped, since the battery was potted. This has been changed, and the battery can now be replaced. Liqiquivision now has a better battery warranty, and if you care for the battery the way they recommend - you'll never have a problem, with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom